Tuesday, June 26, 2007

'What I plan never works out'

Neha Dhupia Bollywood oomph girl Neha Dhupia says her dream at one time was to become an IAS officer.

"What I plan never works out. So I have stopped planning now," Neha told over the telephone. "I wanted to join the civil services and become an IAS (Indian Administrative Service) officer and did not have any plans to model or act.

"But, then, Miss India happened suddenly and now here I am, doing films."

The 26-year-old actress, who bagged the Miss India Universe title in 2002 and a year later made her Bollywood debut in "Qayamat: City Under Threat", is currently shooting for a film "I'm 24", being directed by Saurabh Shukla.

"It is about a guy who is 42 years of age but has to lie that he is only 24 to get something," Neha explains. "The movie will show his struggles and hardships and then he meets me. I play the character of a struggling actress."

The silver screen scorcher, well known for portraying bold characters in films such as "Julie" and "Sheesha", loves to travel, read and takes a keen interest in sports. And she says she would love to be part of a film that would capture and present her real character to the audience.

"I would love it if someone makes a film to showcase who Neha Dhupia really is. What I am, what I like and what I stand for."

Dhupia says her stint at Bollywood has been great so far but adds, "There is still a long way to go and now I want to play different characters."

No comments: