Friday, July 6, 2007

Tell me what else Saif did for me?

BipashaBipasha is as nervous as hell.

"I'm in London, just hours away from the 7 Wonders event in Lisbon, and I'm so nervous I'm gorging on muffins, scones and whatever I can lay my hands on."

Bipasha is about to board the flight to represent our country and its luminous relic the Taj Mahal at the New Seven Wonders Of The World Event.

"I'm wearing contact lenses for the first time just so that I can read the teleprompter. Now I'll be able to see those 60,000 people at Lisbon far more clearly. My eyes are watering, and it isn't because I've become emotional."

Bipasha had still not met her co-host Ben Kingsley in London. She hoped to get comfortable with him on the flight from London to Lisbon.

"Come on, we don't have to get that comfortable with each other! It's just for an event, not a film….But seriously, I can suddenly see everyone far more clearly now. Not nice. Everyone looked much cleaner before," she jokes.

Sobering down, Bipasha informs that the contact lenses are only for the Lisbon occasion. "They don't suit me. I'll be taking ten days off soon to get laser surgery done."

In the meanwhile she has her designer Rocky S accompanying her to Lisbon. "Rocky has done a simmering pink sari for me. My gown was supposed to be done by Armani.



But I decided at the last minute to let two very young and talented designers Gauri and Nanika from Delhi do my gown. I thought it was better to let Indian designers do my clothes since I'm respresenting my country on at an international forum."

Finally the rumours back home. It's being whispered that Saif Ali Khan has abandoned his own gym to join Bipasha at her gym every day.

Bipasha's chuckles waltz across the seven seas. "So Saif now accompanies me to my gym, is it? As far as I know he goes to Barbarian gym and I go to Gold. And that has remained unchanged until the time I left Mumbai for London.

Now while I'm away the status quo might change. And Saif may start going to my gym. I'm dying to know what-all I've done with Saif in Mumbai while I'm away in Lisbon," she jokes before boarding for Lisbon.

"You know I've never anchored any event before, let alone one with an audience of 60,000 people live and millions at home. Like they say, it's always good to start at the top."

No comments: