Monday, October 1, 2007

Shilpa Shetty faces the music in Berlin

Shilpa Shetty faces the music in BerlinMonday, October 1, 2007: (Berlin):


Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty is in Berlin, promoting her new musical Miss Bollywood.

At the press conference organized on Friday, she laughed and denied reports that she was arrested at immigration in India.

"You know I'm sometimes quite amused by the press because I was not arrested, and I went on the net and people were calling me and they were asking me if I was okay, and I was like, what's happened, I've just come to Berlin, I've just landed here, and they were like, we heard you got arrested.

"No, I was questioned at the airport because of that entire thing that happened with Richard, and the High Court had already quashed the case," said Shilpa Shetty, Actress.

In April Gere publicly kissed Shetty at an AIDS awareness event in India, sparking an outcry among conservative Hindus, who claimed they had violated the country's strict anti-obscenity laws.

A regional court issued arrest warrants against Gere and barred Shetty from leaving the country. The order was soon overturned by the Supreme Court.

"I just met him as a matter of fact, very recently at the Toronto Film Festival, and he was there to receive the One By One Difference Award, and it was my great privilege to give it to him, and we'd spoken, we just laughed about it, it's all okay now, he's a very good man," she said.

Shetty spoke to the press in Germany about the musical Miss Bollywood which opens this weekend in Berlin, Shetty plays the musical's lead role.


No comments: